Friday, May 7, 2010

Diego the milkman

I thought recently that I had perhaps lost someone but now I'm not so sure. Something clearly went wrong and I don't (consciously) know what it was and maybe never will if I handle conversations badly. The way you talk about things can have such a major effect on outcomes.

At what point am I meant to say that this is useless and it'll always be the same? The conflict of personalities continues and I begin to think it'd be easier to just drift away, sidestep out of this friendship and make time for a new one or more. I told someone today I kept being disappointed by some people. Maybe this is one or maybe it was just weird from the start.

The title was supposed to be completely irrelevant but I have just been reminded of that feeling you get when you drink milk.... and it seems weird. Not the actual milk but the fact that you're drinking it. This happened to my girlfriend and she's kindly offered some milk-related facts which were supposed to be reflections on her experience:
"the movie MILK was really good. it was about this gay man standing up for his rights as a gay man... i guess you need milk for your bones to be able to stand up."
I think that could be filed under fact.
"Cliff fadiman said that Cheese is milk's leap toward immortality. If thats so then adding chocolate to the milk just makes it an immortal king."
So could that one. Oh and she's clearly been doing her research:
"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose" - Woody Allen
Bless her sweet heart!

1 comment: