Wednesday, May 19, 2010

scaping the land.

Yet again, musical illiteracy!
I saw facialbooklet status updates about Ronnie James Dio's death but could only tell that he was a musician (because of the people who were updating), nothing more.
Last night I couldn't sleep so I switched on the j's and on The Racket Andrew Haug was doing a tribute to Dio with interviews with him and people who worked with him or were influenced by his music. While listening to many of his songs I felt particularly moved by Catch the Rainbow from when he was part of Rainbow with Ritchie Blackmore. It reminded me of the bush in winter when there is snow right at the top of the mountains that not many venture to but which dad always took my brother and I to when we were younger.

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Catch the rainbow part 1- Live 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment